Information for travellers
HEALTH TRAVEL TIPS
At Air Transat, we want you to arrive at your destination feeling energized and refreshed.
Here are some health travel tips to help you prepare for your flight and ensure your comfort and well-being while you're on board.
Before you fly
There are several things you can do to ensure your comfort:
- Eat light; you are heading into a period of inactivity.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
- Apply moisturizer and lip balm. Cabin conditions tend to cause dryness.
- Limit your intake of caffeine and alcohol, which can cause dehydration.
- Take a stroll around the terminal after check-in. It will stimulate your circulation prior to remaining seated for an extended period.
- If you are suffering from a medical condition that might be affected by your flight, consult your physician for advice.
While on board
You can help avoid dehydration by taking similar steps:
- Apply a moisturizer and lip balm.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine.
- Drink plenty of water.
You'll also travel more comfortably if you:
- Eat light during the flight.
- Follow along with our in-flight exercises.
Repeating simple exercises every hour or so will go a long way to reducing any of the effects of prolonged inactivity during the flight.
Health travel tips are just one way we try to make your flight with Air Transat an enjoyable experience.